How To Pitch To Film Investors
According to FilmProposals.com
Your pitch to film investors might be your one opportunity to land the coveted prize: a film investment check! You’ve prepared for and found film investors. They were excited to learn about your offer via the compelling business plan you wrote and now, you actually have a meeting scheduled. Do you know what to say and how to say it so investors don’t feel pressure, but rather, want to write you a check? Are you using every possible tool in your arsenal to get your film financed?
Here are some basic steps to help you find investors, set the meeting to pitch to film investors and get them to commit.
How to Pitch to Film Investors Basics
- Research films similar to yours and see who funded them
- Send materials in advance
- Set the call
- Know your proposal and numbers
- Tailor the pitch to each investor
- Make the investor feel special
- Instill confidence
- Don’t pressure investors – make them want to write you a check
- Provide special perks for investors only
- Prepare for the curve balls
You can see the whole article here. Warning: they are trying to sell you something.